The Freezeless Woodford Model 19 outdoor wall faucet is designed and intended for year-round residential irrigation purposes regardless of outside conditions. A patented pressure relief valve (PRV) prevents bursting during freezing conditions, even if a hose is inadvertently left connected to the faucet. The faucet will still freeze, however it will not rupture. As a result, this product prevents water damage when hose is left on.
What is a PRV?
The Woodford Model 19 has a Patented resetting pressure relief valve (PRV) that prevents the faucet tube from rupturing, and consequent water damage during freezing conditions, even if a hose is inadvertently left connected to the faucet. The Model 19 will still freeze if hose is left connected to the faucet, however , it will not rupture.
Patents and patents pending see woodfordmfg.com/patents
What length faucet to purchase?
Model 19 Features:
- Anti-siphon protection
- Integral backflow device protects up to 125 psi of backpressure, eliminating the need for an add-on vacuum breaker
- EPDM rubber packing helps prevent leaking behind the packing nut
- Stainless-steel seat to help prevent wire draw
- Full-circle operating threads on the valve body and retainer for a secure fit
- Powder-coated die-cast aluminum oval handle for strength
- Standard O size seat washer
- Adjustable polycarbonate wall flange
- No-lead solder
- Brass construction
- Repair parts readily available
- Made in USA
Hole in the wall?
Whether updating an old faucet with a new Woodford freezeless faucet or improving an existing installation, the new RK-OSF Over Sized Flange can cover a larger hole due to previous installation plus secure the faucet to a solid surface. The RK-OSF can be attached to any new or existing Woodford Model 14, 16, 17, 19 & 101 wall flange. Outer holes are spaced a full 3 1/2" apart for better mounting screw contact in masonry or siding.